Preparing for travel:
- Figure out where you are going, how you are getting there, costs, etc.
- Send an email to Seth requesting travel approval. Include estimated cost and index number in email.
- Go to https://usu.service-now.com and click Login, then log in with your A number and password.
- Once you are logged in, click Service Catalog>Business Services>Travel Forms>RC-AIS Travel Authorization. Note that if you don't select the RC-AIS travel authorization button, but select the one that doesn't say RC-AIS, your request will be lost in internet limbo until the end of time.
- Fill out the form. Call Denise Austin if you have questions about it.
- Remember that you can't use an ordinary University P-card to make travel purchases (hotel, flights, taxi, etc.). These can only be done with your own card or with a travel P-card. Denise has one. Denise can reserve hotels rooms or whatever with her travel card. If you are flying, it is best if you figure out more-or-less what flights you want and then book them through Christopherson Travel. Or you can pay with your personal card and get reimbursed. The contact number for Christopherson Travel is 1-866-489-9834. Or you can call 801-538-3358 and ask for Merrilee.
- Submit the TA request, and then email or call Denise to make sure she received it. You will need a TA number from Denise before you can book a flight with Christopherson. So do this well in advance of your travel. Also, you will need to give them our DP code, which is DPVAIR.
After you return from travel:
Go to the same website as before, but select RC-AIS Travel Reimbursement, and fill out that form. again, it wouldn't hurt to call Denise and make sure she received it. Don't forget to save receipts, etc.
For information about all of USU's travel policies, go to http://travel.usu.edu/.